Due to concerns related to the Coronavirus, training classes will be offered online only for the foreseeable future. Classes will be recorded and may be posted to the Court's public website.
The Western District of Washington Clerk's Office trainers have regularly scheduled Introduction to Electronic Case Filing Training Sessions. These sessions will cover the following information:
- CM/ECF filing resources and instructions.
- Navigating CM/ECF.
- How to file a motion and other document.
- Completing a civil case opening.
Classes are held the first Thursday of each month from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
Classes will be offered online during the Coronavirus pandemic. During this time, participants must meet the following technical requirements to attend (trainers cannot provide in-depth technical support):
- Access to a laptop/desktop computer.
- Access to a microphone and headphones/speakers that can connect to your computer/laptop.
- Access to the internet.
- Access to an internet browser such as: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.
- Access to email.
Please note that if you have a group of 5 or larger, special accommodations may be made for alternate training dates. Submit your request by email to email@example.com.
There is no cost to attend these classes, but registration is required for attendance. To register, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Bar number if you are an attorney*
- Firm Name
- Phone number(s)
- Attendee(s) email address (if different from sender)
- Date of the training session you wish to attend
- Any specific topics of interest you would like to discuss
*The two hour ECF Training Session has been approved by the WSBA for 2 CLE credits.
Have a CM/ECF training topic suggestion?
Send topic suggestions to email@example.com.