The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington continues to closely monitor the national and state and local responses to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and will be following guidance provided by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local health officials. Court operations within the Western District of Washington are currently governed by General Order 03-20. We will continue to post updates to general court operations to this website.
- The Clerk’s Office windows are closed to the public. Staff are still available by phone during regular business hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Documents and payments may be dropped off at the United States Courthouses.
- Seattle: 700 Stewart St, Seattle WA 98101
- Tacoma: 1717 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma WA 98402
- Documents and payments may be sent by U.S. postal mail.
- Seattle: 700 Stewart St, Suite 2310, Seattle WA 98101
- Tacoma: 1717 Pacific Avenue, Room 3100, Tacoma WA 98402
- New case documents may be emailed to:
- All CVB matters are postponed until after June 1, 2020. If you received a CVB citation, visit the CVB page of our website for details on postponements.
- The court’s electronic filing system continues to be available 24/7 and may be used by anyone who has registered with the court.
- Emergency filings should follow the established procedures as outlined on our web site.
- Civil hearings are postponed until after June 1, 2020 unless otherwise scheduled by the presiding judge, and most hearings held will be telephonic.
- Some criminal proceedings, including initial appearances, will be held at each courthouse, or via video or telephone, on an as-needed basis. Courthouse access will be limited to those attending an in-person hearing. Telephonic access will be provided to the public for all hearings held by video or telephone. Details can be found on the court’s calendar.
- All jury trials are postponed until after June 1, 2020. Potential jurors will be notified when to report to the courthouse.
- All non-case related events scheduled to be held prior to July 1, 2020 in the District’s courthouses are postponed pending further order of the Court.
- Archival records requests are suspended as the Federal Records Center is currently closed.
Last Updated 3/26/20