This court upgraded to the latest version (Next Generation) of the CM/ECF filing system on January 27, 2020. For more information about what that means for you, go to our NextGen page.
Before e-filing, be sure to review the Getting Started page to ensure you are in compliance with all rules, procedures, and general orders.
- Civil Case Opening Checklist
- Filing FAQs
- CM/ECF Newsletter, provides electronic filing tips, news and information.
- Filing Procedures when the Court Declares a CM/ECF System Outage/Unavailability.
Review the below for more detailed instructions on how to file in CM/ECF.
- Electronic Filing Procedures (PDF; revised January 2020):
Instructions and requirements for filing in this court. All filers must be familiar with and comply with the ECF Filing Procedures when filing with this court.
- ECF User Manual (PDF; revised September 2019):
Step-by-step technical guide to filing in this court.
- Civil Case Opening:
Provides information on opening a civil case and notice of removal in this court including step-by-step case opening instructions.
- CM/ECF Filing How-To Guides:
Notice of Removal
Adding Parties, Party Text, and Aliases: Part 1 and Part 2
Filing a Motion to Proceed In Forma Pauperis
- Emergency Filings
Provides information for submitting emergency filings such as Motions for Temporary Restraining Order.
CM/ECF E-Filing Training
Additional training resources
- Checkout upcoming in-person training dates
- Request a group training