This court upgraded to the latest version (Next Generation) of the CM/ECF filing system on January 27, 2020. For more information about what that means for you, go to our NextGen page.
Before e-filing, be sure to review the Getting Started page to ensure you are in compliance with all rules, procedures, and general orders.
- Civil Case Opening Checklist
- Notice of Removal Checklist
- Filing FAQs
- CM/ECF Newsletter, provides electronic filing tips, news and information.
Review the below for more detailed instructions on how to file in CM/ECF.
- Electronic Filing Procedures (PDF; revised January 2020):
Instructions and requirements for filing in this court. All filers must be familiar with and comply with the ECF Filing Procedures when filing with this court.
- ECF User Manual (PDF; revised March 2020):
Step-by-step technical guide to filing in this court.
- Civil Case Opening:
Provides information on opening a civil case and notice of removal in this court including step-by-step case opening instructions.
- Emergency Filings
Provides information for submitting emergency filings such as Motions for Temporary Restraining Order
CM/ECF Filing How-To Guides:
- Notice of Removal
- Adding Parties, Party Text, and Aliases (Section VI: Adding Parties)
- Filing a Motion to Proceed In Forma Pauperis
- Filing a Corporate Disclosure Statement
- Filing a Non-PDF Item
- Filing a Sealed Document or Motion in a Civil Case
CM/ECF E-Filing Training
Additional training resources
- Checkout upcoming in-person training dates
- Request a group training